Seeing as it took me about two hours, I thought I’d show you guys what I did to my face for halloween!
Every halloween I’ve been a little disappointed with my lack of effort. So this year I decided to go all out with the facepaint!
Of course, I took a lot of inspiration from tutorials on youtube and photos on pinterest but here is a quick summary of how I went about it:
- Firstly, I drew the design on my face with some lip liner, following my natural bone structure as a guide.
- Then I decided to take on my eyes, adding a hint of gold to my eyeshadow and a thick layer of eyeliner, with white eyeshadow in the inner corners to add a bit of interest and to open up the eyes.
- I then went straight in with the black.. If I was to do this again I would definitely have done a white layer first because it is much easier to put black over white than the other way round!
- I filled in all the places where there are no bones with black and then everywhere else with white.
- Then it was time to take on the teeth. This was definitely the hardest part, I used my own teeth as a guide and pretty much just copied what other people had done!
- After taking a quick break to watch a horror movie with my housemate and to wait for everything to dry I went in again with the white to add depth to the black, adding hints of grey where the light would fall, especially under the eyes and on the nose.
This was so so so much fun to do! And even though I got a few strange looks on the metro from those who weren’t celebrating the day of the dead, it was so worth it!
Let me know if you have any questions, my explanation probably wasn’t the clearest haha but my best advice is definitely a mixture of taking inspiration from the many tutorials out there and following your own bone structure.